COVID-19 Updates & Developments
June 2, 2020
May 19, 2020
May 16, 2020
May 11, 2020
Attention Co-op owners and shoppers,
We are now requiring cloth face coverings (or masks) for all who enter the store. The mask must cover the mouth and nose completely. Here’s a quick guide for making your own. With population mobility increasing and infection rates skyrocketing in some states, we feel it prudent to follow the CDC guidelines. Protecting access to the food supply is our greatest concern and that means protecting you and our staff members. If you don’t share our concern, please view this video.
If you won’t wear a mask or have a health issue preventing you from doing so, you may use our curbside pickup option.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
-The board and management of the FBFC
April 7, 2020
Help Flatten the Curve
- Follow CDC recommendations
- Wear a mask or cloth face covering in public settings
- Consider using curbside ordering
- Shop alone if possible
- Plan ahead and get in and out of stores quickly
- Shop for several days at a time instead of daily
- Practice social distancing, keeping 6′ between you and others
- Steer clear of congested corners until traffic thins out
New This Week
New Store COVID-19 Update
April 1, 2020
▪ Special orders are back. Click here for more information.
▪ We’re still honoring the Owner 5% off on the 5th sale, but we are postponing all other owner sales until further notice.
▪ Classes and events will be postponed until further notice.
▪ Please pay with a credit card.
▪ We are limiting customers to 10 in the store at a time and all customers must wear gloves.
▪ Remember to practice social distancing and stay 6 feet from others while shopping.
▪ Bulk is temporarily closed as a precaution, but we are pre-packaging and will help customers who need an item from our bulk department.
▪ Store hours have been adjusted to 11AM-6PM so we have time to restock and clean.
▪ Our store is still stocked with meat, produce, health and wellness products. We still are getting new shipments and are doing our best to stay stocked, however we are currently dealing with certain out-of-stock products.
Shopping for groceries amid COVID-19
March 27, 2020
COVID-19 Store Update
March 20, 2020
- Due to limited supplies, we are temporarily suspending special orders to allow for our distribution to restock. Special orders will resume as soon as possible.
- We are limiting customers to 10 in the store at a time and all customers must wear gloves.
- Bulk is temporarily closed as a precaution, but we are pre-packaging and will help customers who need an item from our bulk department.
- Store hours have been adjusted to 11AM-6PM so we have time to restock and clean.
- Our store is still stocked with meat, produce, health and wellness products. We still are getting new shipments and are doing our best to stay stocked, however we are currently dealing with certain out-of-stock products.
Thank you so much for your patience and cooperation.
Letter From the General Manager
March 14, 2020
The French Broad Food Co-op continues to monitor the ever-changing situation regarding the coronavirus, or COVID-19 and we have one simple objective guiding us: keeping you and our employees safe and fed. We are taking all possible precautions to ensure we have a safe and hygienic environment for our customers, vendors and staff members.
Steps we are taking:
- We’re increasing our inventory on high demand items, but due to high demand, you may experience key items being out of stock. Remember, Online shopping is available through Mother Earth Food.
- Providing hand sanitizer in break rooms.
- Sharing with our employees the importance of washing hands more often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- Discontinuing all passive product demos.
- Ramping up cleaning services, keeping shopping cart areas clean, treating carts and baskets regularly with antibacterial cleansers.
- Making plans to stay operative during various stages of severity.
- Asking staff to stay home if they feel sick or are returning from an area of the world identified as posing a coronavirus-related risk.
- Wash hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
In the meantime, know that we are doing everything we can to bring you the safest food, to keep our people healthy and safe, and make sure that we have all the products you need and want. If you have any questions, just let us know … because your concerns are our concerns.
Asheville, NC 28801
- Lives Matter More Than Property And The Distribution Of Goods June 2, 2020
- Local Matters May 29, 2020
- The Utopian Seed Project May 23, 2020
- Health and Beauty COVID-19 Update May 19, 2020
- Shopping at the Co-op May 18, 2020
- Pandemic Herbalists Webinar Series May 15, 2020
- Five Ingredient High-Five – Part 3 May 1, 2020
- Five Ingredient High-Five – Part 2 May 1, 2020
- Five Ingredient High-Five – Part 1 May 1, 2020
- DIY Maple Pecan Granola April 30, 2020
- May Co-op Deals Recipes April 30, 2020
- Thank You from the Board April 29, 2020
- Organic Farms Are Slowing Climate Change April 15, 2020
- Pecan Streusel Plum Bread April 15, 2020
- April Co-op Deals Recipes April 8, 2020