New Store COVID-19 Update
April 1, 2020
▪ Special orders are back. Click here for more information.
▪ We’re still honoring the Owner 5% off on the 5th sale, but we are postponing all other owner sales until further notice.
▪ Classes and events will be postponed until further notice.
▪ Please pay with a credit card.
▪ We are limiting customers to 10 in the store at a time and all customers must wear gloves.
▪ Remember to practice social distancing and stay 6 feet from others while shopping.
▪ Bulk is temporarily closed as a precaution, but we are pre-packaging and will help customers who need an item from our bulk department.
▪ Store hours have been adjusted to 11AM-6PM so we have time to restock and clean.
▪ Our store is still stocked with meat, produce, health and wellness products. We still are getting new shipments and are doing our best to stay stocked, however we are currently dealing with certain out-of-stock products.
Shopping for groceries amid COVID-19
March 27, 2020
COVID-19 Store Update
March 20, 2020
- Due to limited supplies, we are temporarily suspending special orders to allow for our distribution to restock. Special orders will resume as soon as possible.
- We are limiting customers to 10 in the store at a time and all customers must wear gloves.
- Bulk is temporarily closed as a precaution, but we are pre-packaging and will help customers who need an item from our bulk department.
- Store hours have been adjusted to 11AM-6PM so we have time to restock and clean.
- Our store is still stocked with meat, produce, health and wellness products. We still are getting new shipments and are doing our best to stay stocked, however we are currently dealing with certain out-of-stock products.
Thank you so much for your patience and cooperation.
Letter From the General Manager
March 14, 2020
The French Broad Food Co-op continues to monitor the ever-changing situation regarding the coronavirus, or COVID-19 and we have one simple objective guiding us: keeping you and our employees safe and fed. We are taking all possible precautions to ensure we have a safe and hygienic environment for our customers, vendors and staff members.
Steps we are taking:
- We’re increasing our inventory on high demand items, but due to high demand, you may experience key items being out of stock. Remember, Online shopping is available through Mother Earth Food.
- Providing hand sanitizer in break rooms.
- Sharing with our employees the importance of washing hands more often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- Discontinuing all passive product demos.
- Ramping up cleaning services, keeping shopping cart areas clean, treating carts and baskets regularly with antibacterial cleansers.
- Making plans to stay operative during various stages of severity.
- Asking staff to stay home if they feel sick or are returning from an area of the world identified as posing a coronavirus-related risk.
- Wash hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
In the meantime, know that we are doing everything we can to bring you the safest food, to keep our people healthy and safe, and make sure that we have all the products you need and want. If you have any questions, just let us know … because your concerns are our concerns.
Asheville, NC 28801
- New Books at the Co-op April 3, 2020
- Naturally Dyed Eggs April 1, 2020
- Social Distancing Basics in English, Spanish and Russian March 27, 2020
- Shopping for groceries amid COVID-19 March 27, 2020
- FBFC COVID-19 Updates March 14, 2020
- Live Webinar Free to All March 12, 2020
- March Co-op Deals Recipes March 12, 2020
- Working Herbs Into Your Diet March 5, 2020
- Small bites: Bow Chicka Wow Wow February 26, 2020
- 100% Organic Produce Department February 26, 2020
- Moroccan Vegetable Tagine with Chickpeas February 24, 2020
- Stovetop Mac and Cheese February 24, 2020
- Sheet Pan Steak with Blue Cheese and Broccoli February 24, 2020
- Weekly Owner Gift Bag Drawing February 24, 2020
- Owner Drive Until June 3rd February 23, 2020