French Broad Food Co-op is owned by more than 2000 Owners, governed by a Board of Directors, and operated by a paid staff. Owners have always been the backbone of the Co-op, supporting it financi
ally and participating in governance. As a cooperative, we are committed to being responsive to our Owners and shoppers. This can best be accomplished when the Board reflects the wide diversity and interests of our Owners.
Board of Directors elections are held each year at the Annual Meeting & Party.
The Board has three primary duties.
- To ensure sound management of the co-op
- To act as trustees on behalf of the membership
- To set long-range goals and plan for the future
To fulfill these responsibilities, the Board of Directors focuses on four key areas:
- Hiring and evaluating the CEO
- Financial oversight
- Long-range strategic planning
- Recruitment of replacement director
Members are welcome to attend the board meetings on the third Thursday of each month at 5:30 upstairs in the Movement & Learning Center.