Total Time: 10 minutes active, 40 minutes total
Adding flavor to tofu is a snap with this simple video recipe that makes for a delicious main dish or snack.
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons warmed honey
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons peanut or toasted sesame oil
- 1 block extra firm tofu, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Place the grated garlic and ginger in a medium bowl. Add the, honey, light soy sauce mirin, water and oil. Whisk well to combine all ingredients
- Place tofu cubes in a single layer in an 8×8″ glass baking dish. Take care not to crowd the pieces of tofu. Pour the marinade over the tofu pieces, turning them to coat well on all sides.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes. Rotate pieces and bake for 15 more minutes, checking periodically that the liquid has not completely evaporated. Remove from oven and serve hot with dipping sauce or use in stir-fries.
Eat as a snack, use in a stir-fry, or serve with a peanut dipping sauce.
225 Calories, 15 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 125 mg. sodium, 9 g. carbohydrate, 2 g. fiber, 16 g. protein