DIY Maple Pecan Granola
Making your own granola is easy and so delicious!
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 8 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups whole pecans
Preheat the oven to 275°F.
In a large bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, oil, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla extract. Add the oats and pecans and mix well.
Divide the mixture evenly among shallow baking pans and press into thin layers.
Bake on the center oven rack for 30 minutes. Rotate the pans and stir the mixture thoroughly, then bake an additional 15 minutes. If you like your granola soft and sticky, remove it from the oven now and cool it down. If you like your granola crunchy, stir and rotate once more and bake an additional 15 minutes, then remove and cool.
264 calories, 22g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 16 g carbohydrates, 2 g dietary fiber, 2 g protein, 25 mg sodium
- Lives Matter More Than Property And The Distribution Of Goods June 2, 2020
- Local Matters May 29, 2020
- The Utopian Seed Project May 23, 2020
- Health and Beauty COVID-19 Update May 19, 2020
- Shopping at the Co-op May 18, 2020
- Pandemic Herbalists Webinar Series May 15, 2020
- Five Ingredient High-Five – Part 3 May 1, 2020
- Five Ingredient High-Five – Part 2 May 1, 2020