Join Today & Start Your Owner Benefits Now!
- 20% off when you special order cases and bulk quantity goods
- 10% off LOCAL products in our Health & Body Care department
- 5% off your entire purchase on the 5th of every month (excluding sale items, beer & wine)
- Everyday Owner Deals in every department
- Monthly Owner Deals
- Leading your co-op & shaping our future by running & voting for the Board of Directors
- Supporting your local food economy
- All current owners that spend over $75 a week are entered to win a $100 bag full of co-op goodies!
Joining the co-op involves completing an application and making a payment toward the $250 equity share. This payment can be made in yearly installments of $25 over ten years. After that, an owner is fully vested in the co-op and no more yearly payments are required. Your equity payment is used to help keep the co-op viable (update equipment, make improvements, fix things, etc). If the co-op makes a profit during the business year, that profit is shared by the owners through a patronage rebate payment determined by the Board of Directors.
More reasons to become an owner
Co-op Co-op Members Can:
- Receive electronic receipts on all purchases
- Run for FBFC Board of Directors, or serve on a FBFC committee
Elect FBFC BODs, vote on bylaws changes, and initiate and vote on member referenda that impact FBFC policy
- Attend Co-op owner meetings & forums
- Enjoy Co-op social events & community projects
- To support a store committed to quality and ethics: The French Broad
- Food Co-op is a store owned by the people who shop here, so it just makes sense that we would try harder than anyone else around to satisfy your shopping needs in a courteous and conscientious way. You can be proud to shop with us!
- Democracy and Ownership: Enjoy a voice in Co-op governance; as an owner you have the right to vote, and run, for the Board of Directors. Have a say in how your store grows! Everyone makes a difference.
- Worker Owner Program: This program offers owners the opportunity to get more involved in the life of our store, as well as to earn an additional 15% off of Co-op purchases.