By: Co+op, welcome to the table
One pan and 20 minutes is all you need to for this simple and delightful steak and broccoli dinner.
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, halved or quartered
- 1 small red bell pepper, cored and sliced vertically
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8-ounce ribeye or strip steaks, about one inch thick
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- If your broiler element is at the top of the oven, move the top rack to 6 inches below the broiler. Place the mushrooms, peppers, broccoli and half the salt on the sheet pan and drizzle with half of the olive oil. Toss to coat. Move the vegetables to the sides of the pan, making room in the center for the steaks. If desired, cut the steaks into four even portions. Rub the steaks with the remaining olive oil and sprinkle both sides with remaining salt and pepper. Place in the center of the pan.
- Broil the steaks for 4 minutes, then take the pan out and turn the steaks, and broil for 5 minutes longer. Remove from the broiler; transfer the steak and vegetables to plates, and sprinkle each steak with bleu cheese.
Serve a rich Cabernet Sauvignon with this hearty dish.
Tips & Notes
Prefer cauliflower to broccoli? Or green peppers over red? This recipe is a great base for improvisation, so choose the vegetables you love.